Accounts (aka tenant) are the logical entity that maintains devices you have visibility over.
Friction-less User and Account Creation
Lens is different from traditional Poly solutions where customers must first purchase a product from Poly before starting to use the service. Lens allows a customer to use the basic service for free and users can self-enroll and begin using the service immediately.
First-time User Sign-up and Account Creation
When you initially sign-up as a user, Lens will:
- Creates your user Account
- Associates your user ID to this new account
- When on-boarding devices, they are associated to this 'account, by default
Sharing Account Access with Other Users
To share access to the devices associated to your Account, you must open this Account and then invite the user. For detailed information see Add User
Scope of Data Display
If a user has access to multiple accounts, the default UI view is to access/view one account at a time. To see a different account user needs to switch accounts. For detailed information see Change Accounts.
- A device is associated with your account that is open when registered
- A user can have access to multiple accounts
- A device can only be associated with one account
- A device can be deleted from one account and registered to another
- To provision devices, Device Provisioning must be enabled in the Account