A Policy enables you to manage a group of devices (of the same model) with a single configuration and software level, simplifying the management of a large group of devices.
There is a single policy for each device model associated with the open account, along with basic policy information. To view or modify a policy (Manage > Policies > Device Model), simply select the Device Model Policy and view or adjust the settings as needed.
Note: When a new device is onboarded, it will be automatically added to the Policy for that Device Model. If there is no Policy for that Device Model, Poly Lens will create one.
For detailed information on managing the following lists, see List Managment.
|Device Model||The model type of the Policy.|
|Device Count||The number of devices in this Policy.|
|Device image||An image of the the device for quick identification.|
Add a New Device Model Policy
Note: You must change and save at least one setting to create a policy.
- Select Manage > Policies > Device Model > Add.
- Select or Search for a device type from the popup list.
- Select Continue.
- On the Settings page change a setting (this is required to create a policy) to be modified.
- Select Apply.
- A new policy is created for the device type and now appears in the list of Policies.
Delete a Device Model Policy
Note: You cannot delete a policy, if there are no devices for this Policy.
- Select Manage > Policies > Device Model.
- Select the checkbox for the Device Model(s) to delete from the list.
- Select Delete.
- Select Confirm.
Caution: This action cannot be undone.
- The policy is deleted and removed from the list.
For additional information on Policies see: