Accounts (aka tenant) are the logical entity that maintains devices you have visibility over.
Friction-less Member (User) and Account Creation
Poly Lens is different from traditional Poly solutions where customers must first purchase a product from Poly before starting to use the service. Lens allows a customer to use the basic service for free and users can self-enroll and begin using the service immediately.
First-time Member Sign-up and Account Creation
When you initially sign-up as a Member, Poly Lens will:
- Create your member Account
- Associate your member ID to this new account
- When on-boarding devices, they are associated to this account, by default
Sharing Account Access with Other Users
To share access to the devices associated to your Account, you must open this Account and then invite the Member. For detailed information see Add New Account Member.
Scope of Data Display
If a member has access to multiple accounts, the default view is to access/view one account at a time. To display a different account, the member must switch accounts. For detailed information see Change Accounts.
- A device is associated with your account that is open when registered
- A member can have access to multiple accounts
- A device can only be associated with one account
- A device can be deleted from one account and registered to another
- To provision devices, Device Provisioning must be enabled in the Account