To manage Personal USB Devices through Poly Lens, you will need to send an invitation to the Device User to connect via Poly Lens Desktop. Once the Device User receives the email, they can download the Poly Lens Desktop app with the unique URL sent in the email. Once the app is installed, they can accept the invitation sign up via SSO or with their corporate email account, and they will be associated to the appropriate Poly Lens account.
Invite Device Users
There are two methods that can be used to send this invite to a Device User.
Invite Device Users via Manage > Device Users
To send an invite to a Device User, see Add a New Device User.
Invite Device Users via Account Menu > Poly Lens Desktop
You can add a Device User to Poly Lens by sending them an invitation from the Account menu.
- Go to Account menu > Manage Accounts.
- Select an account from the list.
- Select Poly Lens Desktop from the side tabs.
- Select Send Email Invite.
- Enter the email address of the individual to invite.
Note: You can enter multiple email addresses at one time, separated by a comma or a semicolon.
- Select Add. A confirmation message displays listing the email addresses the invitation has been sent to.
- The invitee will open the invitation and select Get Started to accept the invitation to Poly Lens.
- When the Welcome to Poly Lens Desktop App message appears, select the Download button, if you do not have the app yet. The msi file will be downloaded on your laptop. Select the file to install.
- When you have the app downloaded, and devices are attached to Poly Lens Desktop, they will appear in the Device User details. Note: For Detailed information on Poly Lens Desktop, see the Poly Lens Desktop User Guide.
Attached Personal USB Devices
Once the Poly Lens Desktop app is installed and Personal USB Devices (headsets, cameras, video/sound bar, etc.) are attached to the laptop, they are onboarded into Poly Lens. From this point on any Personal USB Device that is attached to the laptop, will be automatically linked (onboarded) into Poly Lens. To remove this connection simply disconnect the device from the laptop. The devices can now be managed through the following path on Poly Lens:
- Manage > Device Users > Device User Name > Device Name
- Manage > Inventory > Device Name