A Policy enables you to manage a group of devices (of the same model) with a single configuration and software level, simplifying the management of a large group of devices.
There is a single policy for each device model associated with the open account, along with basic policy information. To view or modify a policy (Manage > Policy > Device Model), simply select the Device Model Policy and view or adjust the settings as needed.
For detailed information on managing the following lists, see List Managment.
|Device Model||The model type of the Policy.|
|Device Count||The number of devices in this Policy.|
|Device image||An image of the the device for quick identification.|
Add a New Device Model Policy
- Select Manage > Policy > Device Model > Add.
- Select or Search for a device type from the popup list.
- Select Continue.
- A new policy is created for the device type and now appears in the list of Policies.
Delete a Device Model Policy
- Select Manage > Policy > Device Model.
- Select the checkbox for the Device Model(s) to delete from the list.
- Select Delete.
- Select Confirm.
Caution: This action cannot be undone.
- The policy is deleted and removed from the list.
Import Settings into a Policy
See Import Settings for detailed information regarding inporting settings into a Policy.
For additional information on Policies see: