The software on the devices must be at a minimal level before registering with Poly Lens. To see the minimum software levels see Supported Devices.
To Manually Update Software on a Poly VideoOS Device
The Poly G7500, Studio X30, and Studio X50 must be upgraded to Poly VideoOS software version 3.2 from the Poly Support site, before using Lens for device Provisioning. This procedure is done from the System Web Interface of a Poly VideoOS device.
- Enter the IP address of the device in a web browser to open the System Web Interface.
- Go to General Settings > Device Management.
- Select Check for Updates.
- The system will find a software version for the device. Note: The software must be version 3.2 or higher.
- Select Update All.
Update Poly VideoOS Software from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1
There are a few items to be aware of when updating to the Poly VideoOS software version 3.2.1.
Provisioning Configuration Changes
Some fields for registering your system with a provisioning service have changed. The Server Type field was replaced with the Authentication Type field with options NTLM and Basic, and the Server Address field has a new format.
If your system is already provisioned, the fields update automatically when you upgrade to 3.2.1 and your provisioning isn’t interrupted.
Update Device Registration When Downgrading System From 3.2.1 to 3.2.0
When downgrading your provisioned system from Poly VideoOS sofware version 3.2.1 to 3.2.0, you must modify the provisioning fields in the Web Configuration Utility or your system can’t connect to your provisioning server.
To update device registration after software downgrade:
- In the Web Configuration Utility, go to Servers > Provisioning Server.
- Select Enable Provisioning.
- In the Server Type field select Poly Cloud.