The Import Settings feature allows an admin to upload a CSV file with Device IDs and Settings values to pre-stage device-level policies.
- Poly VideoOS Devices: Poly G7500, Poly Studio X30, X50
- UCS Devices: Poly Trios, Poly CCX, Poly VVX
- USB Devices that can be provisioned: Poly Studio USB, Poly EagleEye Cube USB Camera
See Supported Devices for a list of supported device models.
Rules for CSV Files
- Acceptable separators are comma, semicolon, and tab.
- A separator cannot be used in values (if the separator is a comma, then semicolon can be used in the values, not a comma).
- Extra separators at the end of a row will be removed (commas and semicolons).
- The required fields are mac_address, serial_number, and device_model (MAC address, Serial number, and Device type). The additional fields entered are treated as settings.
- If a setting name or a value is incorrect, then errors will be sent specific to the device.
- Supported datatypes are Integer, String, Enum and Boolean
File Size Limit is 200KB (roughly equates to 2000 rows and 20 configuration parameters).
Note: If your file is too large, simply split the file into two, and load them seperately.
To Import Settings
- Create the CSV file. Note: There is a template provided as an example of the CSV file to be used. To download the template, select Manage > Policy > Import Settings > Download Template.
- When the CSV file is complete select Manage > Policy > Import Settings.
- There are two methods of attaching a file:
- You can click the dialog box and locate the file to import.
- You can drag-and-drop a file onto the blue square on the dialog box.
- Select Import to begin the process.
- Select Done.
Note: If there is an error when importing the file, an error log will display, directing you to the fields that caused the errors.
- Once the file is imported, this information will be associated with the device IDs, to update their configuration. If the device is not onboarded into Poly Lens, the information is saved and applied to the device when it is onboarded.