As an Admin or a Device Manager you can set up your Notification Center to deliver notices from Poly Lens, to a ServiceNow account.
To enable the Notification Center, Poly+ is required. For more information on Poly+, see Premium Poly Lens Features Included with Poly+ Enterprise and Poly+. ServiceNow will require the Event Management Core plugin.
To set up the ServiceNow instance to link to the Notification Center in Poly Lens, the following configuration is required.
- Verify your ServiceNow instance includes the Event Management Core plugin.
- Create a user with the least privilege needed to invoke the API. Search User Administration > Users.
- Click New.
- Enter User ID: example: poly
- Enter Password: A strong password is required
- Check Web service access only
- Select Submit.
- Select the user just created by selecting Roles > Edit.
- Search for evt_mgmt_integration.
- Select evt_mgmt_integration.
- Click the right arrow.
- Select Save.
- Use this user information to enter into Poly Lens ServiceNow Notifications Setup in Poly Lens.
ServiceNow Notification Setup in Poly Lens
Note: This will require that your ServiceNow instance is configured to accept Event Management notifications. See ServiceNow Configuration for detailed instructions.
- Go to the ACCOUNT menu > Manage Accounts in Poly Lens.
- Select an account from the list that will host this notification.
- Select Notifications > ServiceNow from the side tabs.
- Select Add New.
- Enter a Name for the New ServiceNow webhook.
- Enter the Webhook URL of the ServiceNow webhook. This is typically https://<ServiceNow Host Name>/api/global/em/jsonv2. See ServiceNow Documentation for additional information.
- Enter the ServiceNow Username.
- Enter the ServiceNow Password.
- Select (enable) the Notification Types to send to the ServiceNow account.
- Select Create to complete the setup. The ServiceNow account information will display.
You can configure the notification to fit your needs.
Software Update Available
When this option is enabled, you will be notified immediately that a new version of software is available.
When this option is enabled, you will be sent a notice that devices are offline with information on each device.
Note: The Device Offline option supports any device that is provisionable, except Poly Studio USB, Poly EagleEye Cube, and Poly Studio R30.
The following Device Offline intervals are available.
The frequency times will send a notification when the device is offline for this increment of time. For example, if the 30 minutes option is selected and a device is offline for 30 consecutive minutes, then the user will then receive a notification in the ServiceNow instance with the device's information.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
To test the connection configured for the ServiceNow instance.
- Select Test Connection with the associated the ServiceNow instance.
- If set up correctly, a Message sent to ServiceNow will appear. A sample message will be sent to the ServiceNow instance, for verification.
- If there is an issue, walk through the procedure again, and correct as needed.
List of ServiceNow Webhooks
The list of ServiceNow webhooks displays all the webhooks that have been configured, with the following information:
|Name||The name of the ServiceNow webhook. Note: This Name is a link to the ServiceNow webhook details page.|
|URL||The URL of the the ServiceNow webhook.|
|Username||The Username of the the ServiceNow webhook.|
|Status||Status of this ServiceNow webhook. Note: Wand over any of the status icons and the status will display. |
- Green circle: The connection has been tested and it was successful.
- Red circle with a slash: The connection has been tested and it was unsuccessful. Wand over the icon to display the error.
- Black circle with a dash: The connection has not been tested yet.
|Test Connection||This link will test the ServiceNow webhook connection. A message will display the test status and/or error.|
|Delete||This link will delete the ServiceNow webhook.|