As an Admin you can manage resource files in Poly Lens. The following process walks you through applying a Contact Directory to a Voice device. Note: Poly Video devices do not support Contact Directory files.
Contact Directory File
Use the following guidelines when uploading the Contact Directory files:
- When you upload a global 000000000000-directory.xml file as a resource file (for example, 000000000000-directory.xml) Poly Lens applies this file to all the Voice Devices in the current Poly Lens Account.
- Devices will automatically get their directory file when provisioning to Poly Lens. Uploading a 000000000000-directory.xml file to your Resources will apply to all VVX, CCX, and Trio devices.
- You can also upload a MAC-directory.xml file for a specific device. Example: 64167fbac7fb-directory.xml
- After a device connects to Poly Lens, the device automatically requests the MAC-directory.xml file, then the global 000000000000-directory.xml file. The device will merge the two files, providing preference in conflicts to the device specific (MAC-directory.xml) file.
Note: If the device has Local Directory disabled (feature.directory.enabled), then it will not request either the local or device specific directory file.
Apply a Contact Directory to a Device
- Verify that Local Contact Directory is not disabled. Go to Settings > Features > Contact Directory > Local > Enable Local Contact Directory.
- Upload either the default Global directory file and/or the MAC-directory file for the device. See Device Documentation to locate the Device Administrator Guide for proper file format structure.
- Reboot your device or wait for the next provisioning sync for the device to retrieve the directory file(s)
Note: Poly Lens does not currently support Contact Directory file upload from the device, so changes to the contact directory that happen on the device will not persist a device reboot.